Our Google group is a valuable service to the China Hub project. The primary goals of this group are:
- Provide a quick and efficient means of communication.
- Enable members to connect with one another to share relevant news, events, and opportunities on China business.
- Share new ideas for professional projects related to China.
- Inform on CHINA HUB events and activities.
This group is lightly moderated, and we gave created a few ground rules and best practices to make it a great place for discussion.
> Guidelines for participating in this forum are:
- English in the only language accepted for public posting.
- Create topics and posts only related to the group’s goals.
- Choose the most appropriate category/tags for your topics.Using the appropriate category/tag makes it easier for other members to find and contribute to your topic.
- Create posts that are related to the question or discussion to which you are responding. Use search to find questions or discussions that are related to your interests. If you are unable to find a related topic, you may start a new one using the “Post a question” button. Multiple off-topic replies may lead to suspension.
- Create clear and concise topic subjects and posts. Subjects should not be in all capital letters. Include only important URLs (posts with excessive URLs will be removed). If sending a link, also provide a short summary about the relevance
- Do not include personal information.To ensure your safety, security, and privacy, never post any personal information you don’t want to share. Be cautious if you choose to contact others offline or ask others to contact you.
- Minimise the number of emails you send to only 1 or 2 per week, unless you are in a leadership position and are sending out event and organising emails.
- Respond an email using “reply” rather than “reply all” for “thank you” or “good job”, unless your response is relevant to the entire group.
- Read all the emails on a topic to get your thoughts together in one response rather than sending multiple separate emails on the same topic.
> Guidelines for content are:
Posting certain types of content might result in the removal of a topic or post. In more serious cases, the poster might be banned from the group. Posts must not contain the following types of content:
- Any topic not related to China business, geopolitics, economy, finance, innovation, technology, news, environmental protection, entrepreneurship, job opportunities, etc.
- Spam. In these forums, we’re all responsible for keeping the community spam-free. Spam includes, but is not limited to, any promotional, commercial, or adult content, multiple instances of the same post, posts with URLs unrelated to the question, and the transmission of malware, viruses, or anything that may disrupt service or harm others.
- Nudity and sexually explicit material. We don’t allow nudity or sexually explicit material. We also don’t allow content that drives traffic to commercial pornography sites.
- Violent or bullying behaviour. We don’t allow threatening, harassing, or bullying of other users. This includes using profanity to abuse others.
- Hate speech. We don’t allow the promotion of hatred toward groups of people based on their race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation/gender identity.
- Impersonation. We don’t allow impersonation of others or other behavior that is misleading.
- Private and confidential information. We don’t allow unauthorised publishing of people’s private and confidential information, such as credit card numbers, driver’s and other license numbers, or any other information that is not publicly accessible.
- APK files. Please do not post packaged applications (APK files) unless specifically requested by one of the moderators. On the other hand, feel free to use the forum to tell people about an interesting app, and link to the copy of the app in the market.
> Our Agreement:
By participating in these forum, you agree to abide by these guidelines. Breaking these guidelines might result in your post being removed. Severe abuses may lead to harsher penalties. Please read the Google Terms of Service for further information. We reserve the right to change these guidelines at any point in our effort to keep the forum clean, user-friendly, and safe. If you believe that someone is violating these posting guidelines, use the Report Abuse link on the post. If you click Report Abuse, we’ll try to promptly review your report and take action, if appropriate.